Bing Harry Potter Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of the Wizarding World
The world of Harry Potter never ceases to amaze and fascinate us, even years after the last book and movie ended. One way Potterheads keep their love for the magical world alive is by testing their knowledge with quizzes, puzzles and games related to the series. And there’s one Harry Potter quiz that stands out: the Bing Harry Potter quiz.
If you’re a fan of Harry Potter and Bing, you might have stumbled upon this quiz. But if you haven’t, don’t worry, we’re here to guide you through it. The Bing Harry Potter quiz is a fun and challenging test that asks trivia questions, puzzles and brain teasers related to the Harry Potter universe. The goal is to get as many answers correct as possible and, ultimately, earn the title of Harry Potter expert.
In this article, we’ll explore what the Bing Harry Potter quiz is, how to play it, what kind of questions to expect, and some tips to help you score high. Let’s dive into the wizarding world and see how much you really know.
What is the Bing Harry Potter Quiz?
As the name suggests, the Bing Harry Potter quiz is a quiz about Harry Potter that you can find on the Bing search engine. Bing is Microsoft’s search engine that competes with Google, providing search results, news, images, and other features. The quiz is free to play and available for anyone with an internet connection and some Harry Potter knowledge.
The quiz consists of 20 multiple-choice questions, ranging from easy to difficult. The questions cover various aspects of the Harry Potter universe, including the books, the movies, the characters, the spells, the creatures, and the settings. Some questions are general knowledge, while others are more specific, testing your memory and attention to detail. Each question gives you four possible answers to choose from, and you have 20 seconds to make a choice. If you answer correctly, you get 100 points. If you answer incorrectly or don’t answer in time, you get zero points.
At the end of the quiz, Bing calculates your score and gives you a rank based on your performance. There are four levels of ranking: muggle (0-399 points), wizard apprentice (400-699 points), advanced wizard (700-899 points), and headmaster/mistress (900-1000 points). The higher your score, the more knowledgeable you are, and the closer you are to joining Hogwarts.
How to Play the Bing Harry Potter Quiz?
Playing the Bing Harry Potter quiz is easy and straightforward. Here’s how:
1. Open your web browser and go to Bing (www.bing.com).
2. Type “Harry Potter quiz” in the search bar and hit ENTER.
3. On the search results page, you’ll see a card titled “Harry Potter Quiz – Bing.” Click on it to start the quiz.
4. You’ll be taken to the Bing homepage, where the quiz will load on your screen.
5. Read the instructions and click on START to begin the quiz.
6. Answer each question within 20 seconds by clicking on the correct answer or selecting a letter (A, B, C, or D) on your keyboard. If you’re not sure, you can use a lifeline to eliminate two wrong answers or ask the audience (virtual Harry Potter fans).
7. Keep answering the questions until you complete all 20.
8. After the last question, Bing will calculate your score and rank. You can share your score on social media or retake the quiz to improve your score.
What Kind of Questions to Expect?
The Bing Harry Potter quiz is a mix of easy, medium, and hard questions that cover different aspects of the Harry Potter universe. Some questions are based on the books, while others are based on the movies. Here are some examples of the types of questions you might encounter:
– Which of the following is not a spell in the Harry Potter series?
– Who was the founder of Slytherin House at Hogwarts?
a) Rowena Ravenclaw
b) Godric Gryffindor
c) Helga Hufflepuff
d) Salazar Slytherin
– Which creature is known for guarding the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets?
a) A unicorn
b) A dragon
c) A basilisk
d) A house-elf
– What kind of potion did Professor Slughorn ask Harry to brew in the sixth book?
a) Felix Felicis
d) Polyjuice Potion
– Who played the role of Albus Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter movies?
a) Michael Gambon
b) Richard Harris
c) Alan Rickman
d) Kenneth Branagh
As you can see, the questions range from simple (like identifying the actor who played Dumbledore in the early movies) to complex (like recalling the details of a specific potion). Some questions require you to have read the books or watched the movies multiple times, while others might be based on your general knowledge of the series.
Tips to Ace the Bing Harry Potter Quiz
If you want to score high on the Bing Harry Potter quiz and prove your wizarding skills, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Brush up on your Harry Potter knowledge by re-reading the books, watching the movies, or checking out fan websites or forums. The more you know, the better you’ll do.
2. Pay attention to details when reading/watching the series. Many questions in the quiz require you to remember minor characters or events that might seem insignificant at first.
3. Use your lifelines (50:50 and Ask a Friend) wisely. If you’re not sure, eliminate the two options that you know are wrong (50:50), or use the virtual audience to get a second opinion.
4. Don’t waste time on questions that you’re not sure about. If you can’t decide within a few seconds, move on to the next question and come back to it later if you have time.
5. Keep your focus and avoid distractions. Make sure you’re in a comfortable and quiet environment, and turn off your phone or other devices that might interfere with your concentration.
6. Practice, practice, practice. The more you play the quiz, the more familiar you’ll become with the questions and the format. Challenge yourself to beat your previous scores and improve your rank.
The Bing Harry Potter quiz is a fun and engaging way to test your knowledge of the wizarding world. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just starting to discover the series, the quiz offers a range of questions that will challenge your memory and your attention to detail. With 20 multiple-choice questions to answer in 20 seconds each, you’ll need to be quick and accurate to score high and earn the title of Harry Potter expert. So, sharpen your wands, gather your knowledge and enter the world of Harry Potter on Bing.